Why become a member? ×
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt

HARTKE HA4000 HEAD

ianrunci

Hartke HA4000 Rackmount head. In great condition.

Had a problem with the attenuation so I had it serviced and repaired at Spectrum Music in Whitefield. The engineer also fitted a little mod to it in the way of an attenuator which is accessible from a tiny grub screw next to the mute button so you can adjust the level on the active channel to suit your particular bass. This makes a world of difference in getting a loud powerful clean tone without worrying about clipping the amp.

The amp is 200 Watt at 8 ohms and 400 watts at 4 ohms. Its a typical heavy duty hartke build and in my opinion far superior to the new Hartke range. it has a suberb EQ section

It has all the usual gubbins, Mute Button, Di and Pre amp out. Ground lift switch, lots of send and returns ect ect. Its rackmount but can also be used as a stand alone head with Front handles, a side handle & rubber feet.

Will do some decent photos and put them up tomorrow

£150 or maybe a trade for a 4 stringer (Freted or Fretless)

Edited by ianrunci

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='ben_eat_pie' post='328511' date='Nov 13 2008, 05:14 PM']any luck with the bad luck?

Just to ask, do you run your ashdown or your hartke as your main amp.

Cheers,

Ben[/quote]

Neither now. I use a Warwick Bass combo. The Hartke sold, and the ashdown I blew the output stage and someone has just swapped it me for a nice 80s squire strat with a maple board :)

I used the Ashdown mostly because it was less complicated to set up when short of time. A lot of people complain about Ashdown but to be honest I think they sound ok