Why become a member? ×

Hartke 4x10 Transporter

CHRISDABASS

Hey

After a few months of using the pretty abused laney bass combo's at the rehearsal studio my band uses i finally decided to ask them if they had a bass cab i could borrow so i could bring my mesa head :)

So Brian the owner lent me a new Hartke 4x10 Transporter cab that he's just got in!

i was very, very impressed!!

so much so that i think im gonna buy it and leave it in storage at the rehearsal studio! he only wants £150 for it! i personally think thats a bargin!!!!! especially because he's letting me pay for it in installments!

has anyone else tried these cabs??

please share your experiences! :huh:

cheers

I use one as an extension cab for my Trace 1X15 combo, and I think it's great. I got mine slightly by accident, I bought a bass I didn't get on with, took it back to exchange for something else, and to cut a long story short, ended up with one of these. It's light, looks good and does what I want it to. There are those that will tell you that they're not as good as other Hartke cabs-I can't comment as I've not used any others, but I have no complaints.

I tried it before buying the XL cabs, think it handles 100w less IIRC and flakes out earlier, i used a 500w head so needed more power handling. Think they're good for the money though. There's this on ebay at the mo too :
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hartke-HA2500-Transporter-115TP-Cab_W0QQitemZ270277419444QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270277419444&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hartke-HA2500-Transp...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Get the lot!!! :)

EDIT: Just seen you have a mesa head so you'll prob be looking for something with a higher rating. I think the TP is only 300w. Is it just for rehearsals?

Edited by lemmywinks

[quote name='lemmywinks' post='321311' date='Nov 3 2008, 08:40 PM']I tried it before buying the XL cabs, think it handles 100w less IIRC and flakes out earlier, i used a 500w head so needed more power handling. Think they're good for the money though. There's this on ebay at the mo too :
[url="http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hartke-HA2500-Transporter-115TP-Cab_W0QQitemZ270277419444QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item270277419444&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1298|66%3A2|65%3A12|39%3A1|240%3A1318"]http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Hartke-HA2500-Transp...%3A1|240%3A1318[/url]

Get the lot!!! :huh:

EDIT: Just seen you have a mesa head so you'll prob be looking for something with a higher rating. I think the TP is only 300w. Is it just for rehearsals?[/quote]

hey!

yeah ive got a mesa but it only pushes out the 750w when running a 2ohm cab, 500w when running a 4ohm cab and around 300w when running an 8 ohm cab! the hartke is 8 ohms and it seemed plenty loud enough! if im honest we're not a really loud band, i dont seem to need to have the amp master volume much past 10 oclock! and yeah its just for rehearsals at the moment as i have my aguilar DB410 for gigs! :)

that looks like a cracking deal on ebay by the way!!

[quote name='CHRISDABASS' post='321508' date='Nov 4 2008, 06:38 AM']hey!

yeah ive got a mesa but it only pushes out the 750w when running a 2ohm cab, 500w when running a 4ohm cab and around 300w when running an 8 ohm cab! the hartke is 8 ohms and it seemed plenty loud enough! if im honest we're not a really loud band, i dont seem to need to have the amp master volume much past 10 oclock! and yeah its just for rehearsals at the moment as i have my aguilar DB410 for gigs! :huh:

that looks like a cracking deal on ebay by the way!![/quote]

Sounds like your sorted then! I agree with steve in that you might get one cheaper if you look around, however this one is mint, it's already in your rehearsal room and you can pay in interest free instalments so that sweetens the deal! I used a VX215 as my rehearsal cab for ages out of pure laziness as i could leave it at the practice room and wish i could still do that, miss just taking a bass and head to practice :)