Why become a member? ×

Open Mic in Edinburgh

gs_triumph

Morning!

Does anyone know of any open mic sessions in Edinburgh with enough space for a four piece band? (2x guitar, bass, drums, originals, mainly rock)

The vast majority seem aimed at one man and his guitar affairs.

(Feel free to move this to another forum if it's in the wrong place)

G.

Edited by gs_triumph

Not an open mic but Whistlebinkies does a showcase night every week. Think it's a Tuesday - you play for 20 minutes. All backline / PA and drums provided. You have to bring cymbals and a snare. They have contact details on their website. Bannermans may do something similar. If you're good they may add you to their roster but like all venues you have to keep nagging them for gigs.

+ 1 for the Binkies showcase.

If they like you etc it leads to some proper slots...
I've been playing there for years with various bands. First time was a Wednesday for us, 45 min single slot (not the showcase, but almost... why some people get a wednesday and others a tuesday I do not know)... then we started playing mostly Thursdays and Sundays, 2x45' slots. Then Fridays & Saturdays. Once they know you, you skip all that if you just approach them with a new band... so I recommend it's you who become the contact ;)