Why become a member? ×

SOLD9 Fender Precision body, immaculate 3tsb

Beedster

[attachment=15455:CIMG0193.JPG][attachment=15453:CIMG0187.JPG][attachment=15454:CIMG0191.JPG]

Arrggghhhhh.....!

A rather interesting day, the taxman informed me that I've been on the wrong tax code for well over a year and owe him a few thousand quid, a state of affairs that has forced a rethink on several of my bass-related projects :) .

I bought this body as part of a maple fretless from Bremen on BC about a year ago. A previous owner had stripped the body and not made the best job, so I took it down to Martin Simms who assured me the grain would make a great three tone sunburst, and boy was he right! It's literally breath-taking, to use the well-worn phrase, the photos don't really do it justice. Needless to say it's been kept in the case and the only outings it's had this year have been to a recording studio where I was pathetically anal about anyone even touching it :huh:

The refin at Simms Custom Shop cost £300 and was worth every penny. However, I have another body which I can build this bass onto and on that basis I'd rather not have this hanging around largely unused. I'd like £350 for the body, it's a lot I know but it would make a stunning start to a custom build or revitalise an existing vintage bass. You're welcome to come and have a look (5 mins from junction 10 M25) but my current financial situation means I'll probably get this onto the bay pretty quick.

I can email more pics, I'll strip the bass down this weekend. You are welcome to collect, I can also post or meet depending on your location

Chris

Edited by Beedster

[quote name='Beedster' post='319205' date='Oct 31 2008, 05:05 PM']A rather interesting day, the taxman informed me that I've been on the wrong tax code for well over a year and owe him a few thousand quid, a state of affairs that has forced a rethink on several of my bass-related projects :) .[/quote]

Hey man... feel your pain. My auntie's is in the same boat and her bill has double with interest and fines, although they only informed her after a few years. and in embroiled in a legal challenge that will bankrupt her, a retiree.

Hope everything works out for you Chris.

Edited by s_u_y_*

[quote name='s_u_y_*' post='319417' date='Nov 1 2008, 12:09 AM']Hey man... feel your pain. My auntie's is in the same boat and her bill has double with interest and fines, although they only informed her after a few years. and in embroiled in a legal challenge that will bankrupt her, a retiree.

Hope everything works out for you Chris.[/quote]

Hey s_u_y_, long time! Thanks for the post, but it's no biggy on the tax situation, certainly compared to your aunt's situation, just means I have to be a little more sensible about how many bits of bass I can have lying about the place!
Cheers
Chris