Why become a member? ×

Sadowsky

joe_bass

I've been thinking about treating myself to a really nice high end 5 string jazz mid next year but I'm having a tough time justifying it to myself, my (skyline) lakland dj5 is so close to my perfect bass, it seems silly to spend an extra £800+ on something that'll be only marginally better, if at all.

If I found something that absolutely wiped the floor with the dj5, I'd be happy to drop a good deal of money on buying it.

The sadowsky uv70 5 string I had was a really nice bass but no where near as good as my dj5 - but then again, I prefer a passive jazz sound 90% of the time and I've not played another sadowsky.

Definitely see if you can try a dj4 or jo4 if you've not already - if you want a preamp it'll still cost you less to install one overall, you could even get a sadowsky onboard pre.

[quote name='alanbass1' post='319977' date='Nov 2 2008, 09:34 AM']Like others have said, Sadowsky are excellent basses and extremely well put together. One word of advice is that if you do go for a Metro make sure it has the passive tone control fitted. I was at the Bass Gallery a few months back on my hunt for a great Jazz Bass. Both Metro's they had never had the passive tone control and I found them far too hi-fi and bright for my taste - although I have tried an NYC before and the VTC done a good job at taming this. I ended up paying 300 quid more for an immaculate 2nd hand Cellinder Jazz which had everything I was looking for, including the growl.[/quote]

+1 for the vintage tone control!!

:)