Why become a member? ×

Aphex Bass Exciter

funkydoug

Hi I've decided to part with this cool little box. Its in 100% immaculate condition and has only been used to test that it works - which it does very well. As I'm not using it I can't justify keeping it since I'm now seeking a compressor.

Price is £50 plus £5 for postage.
Would definitely be interested in a swap or PX for a good compressor... BBE Opto Stomp in particular.
It looks like this:
[attachment=15308:Aphex1402Big.jpg]

Edited by funkydoug

[quote name='funkydoug' post='316892' date='Oct 28 2008, 05:38 PM']Hi I've decided to part with this cool little box. Its in 100% immaculate condition and has only been used to test that it works - which it does very well. As I'm not using it I can't justify keeping it since I'm now seeking a compressor.

Price is £50 plus £5 for postage.
Would definitely be interested in a swap or PX for a good compressor... BBE Opto Stomp in particular.
It looks like this:
[attachment=15308:Aphex1402Big.jpg][/quote]

What does it do?

thanks for the link Jake,

Aphex says: For all types of basses with magnetic or piezo pickups, active or passive. Voicing is tailored to deep tone & sustain while adding life to the the bite or slap. Smaller rigs sound big; big rigs sound huge!

What users say is that it it develops extra under and overtones based on your tone so you get a thicker fuller sound without more 'volume' - you basically take up more of the mix so you sound bigger. The bottom end part develops extra bass frequencies based on your sound without having to turn up your amp - your sound gets bigger and thicker and sounds louder without needing a louder amp. The Enhancer does a similar job at the top end, so you get more bite, clarity and headroom.

their website explains it well here [url="http://www.aphex.com/204.htm"]http://www.aphex.com/204.htm[/url] - (the link is to the 203 rackmount version, but the pedal is the same thing tuned for bass guitars in a stomp box format.)

Edited by funkydoug

• 2 weeks later...