Why become a member? ×

Where To Place Your Compression Pedal In Your Chain

blue

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1494998720' post='3300231']
If you have the compression after the overdrive and you experience signal loss you can boost the signal back up again with the compressor as well as even out the spikes
[/quote]

Now that makes sense.

Thanks Cuzzie

Blue

Another thing, our fearless sound tech told me I'm maxed out on power inputs.

In order to put my EBS Multi-Comp back in the chain I'll have to pull one of the other pedals.

Which of the 7 pedals would you pull? For me, I'm thinking the dedicated delay from TC. I hardly ever use it. Right now, that delay pedal is last in the chain.

Blue

Edited by blue

Depends on what power supply you have.
Hope I am not teaching you to suck eggs but if you have a properly isolated power supply each socket gives you a voltage and a mA rating. It's usually minimum 100mA per socket.

Find out the mA for each pedal and add them up as well as voltage match.
You will then know how many you can daisy chain off each port safely with no loss of efficacy.

I had a decibel 11 Hotstone deluxe with 8 ports, but comfrotably ran over 10 pedals without excess hiss.
Now I have shrunk I have a Cioks DC5 and run 4 heavy draw and current pedals with still further room to expand.

You may need things like voltage stack or mA adding cables, again depends completely on the pedals

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1494983800' post='3300216']

I still don't have a functional handle on how to use my overdrive. There's always a signal drop off when I engage it.

Maybe I should use my MRX M85 Bass Distortion pedal as an OD?

Blue
[/quote]

Dial the level up on the OD

I've always thought you should match the levels on your pedals so when you engage or disengage each pedal, the sound level is still the same..

I hate it when you go from a OD to a clean.. soon as you stamp on the OD, the clean signal is just lost in the mix ..

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1495041061' post='3300806']

Dial the level up on the OD

I've always thought you should match the levels on your pedals so when you engage or disengage each pedal, the sound level is still the same..

I hate it when you go from a OD to a clean.. soon as you stamp on the OD, the clean signal is just lost in the mix ..
[/quote]

I've dialed it up close to max and there's still a drop.

I'm using Voodoo Lab Plus 2 for power.

Blue

Edited by blue

Blue

That's cool

Without knowing the ports on the brick or the draw in your pedals I can't calculate, I can leave that to you, but certainly you may still be able to run them all

All the values are easy to find on the inter web if you don't original paperwork

[quote name='Cuzzie' timestamp='1495045823' post='3300876']
Blue

That's cool

Without knowing the ports on the brick or the draw in your pedals I can't calculate, I can leave that to you, but certainly you may still be able to run them all

All the values are easy to find on the inter web if you don't original paperwork
[/quote]

Yeah,

I'll look at an on-line scematic.

Thanks

Blue