Why become a member? ×

AMPEG SVT-350T combo and 4x10 cab

Coops

Hello

I have been asked to post this here as I need some advice please so indulge me..

We have this particular bass combo amp and cab. We have just had it fully serviced and refurbished by an Ampeg authorized dealer at a cost of over 500 pounds, so it is now looking and sounding great. The combo amp is an original ampeg from the USA, and the 4x10 was bought 2nd hand a few years ago.

If you know Ampegs (which is more than I do) then I am sure this is a rig to be proud of, with the added convenience of being able to separate the two if you are doing a smaller gig, or using the both as a loud play anywhere rig. It has been on the road, it has seen various countries, and it has been loved (hence the huge Ampeg bill that he happily stumped up)

Thing is, our bassist has had this amp for 15 or so years now and fancies a change.. so the point of this email is threefold:

[b]A - Does anyone know what this is worth, as he refuses the internet, lives in the dark ages and has left it to me to research.

B - Can you recommend a smaller set up with an impressive sound? (he has heard a Mark Bass amp which he liked a lot..if a little small)

C- Would anyone like to make an offer?[/b]

Whatever he gets/raises will pay for the new amp. We've got no extra cash as the thing has had this huge service bill (which we will give to the new owner as proof, obv) I am hearing a few different figures as to what we might get, but your insight and advice are welcome!!

Many thanks

Chris (Coops)

Thanks for your help all. I am a singer with no real gauge for all things bass, so any and all advice/offers are welcomed. Thank you

Edited by Coops

NO offence, but you might be better off sticking this in the 'amps for sale' forum - with the word "Feeler" appended to the title - people will get the drift and maybe make some offers. Have a look at some of the Ampeg gear for sale - it'll give you an idea of current values.

Good luck

• 2 weeks later...

you are right - it is a lot of money, the hope is it was a good investment, but time will tell. I am hearing we may get upwards of £800 for the rig, so it should all work out, and thanks for the advice, I will stick it in the for sale section if see if there's interest.

I will get the camera out tonight and take a few shots. You have both been helpful - thanks!

if anyone else is knowledgeable on Ampegs or just fancies offering an opinion I would love to hear it. Thank you