Why become a member? ×

5 string jerzy drozd

KERMITNT

Hey guys i made a huge mistake so i am writting here in order to avoid it..

Yesterday morning i had break from work when i was down town for 1 hour waiting a client so i decided to get in bass shop look around and stuff..

Then i show a shop with jerzy drozd bass and guess what i went and play them 3 them.. I played the basic series maple 5 and 4 string fretted, and an amazing 5 zebra wood fretless lined one...

I dont know i feel a Huge GAS for that fretless and it cost cash 2800euros my god i dont have them .....The sound of that instrument was amazing even if u cant slap fretless is a love and the action was so low...

Tell me what to do ?? How i cure that GAS in order not be broke is something cheaper with that sound tell me something please :huh: :huh: :huh: :)

[quote name='Paulo Silva' post='313599' date='Oct 24 2008, 12:17 PM']I have a sweet Jerzy and the bass is very interesting!
I've compared to Foderas and Ritter and the Basic sounded really nice.
With all eq in flat (or passive mode) I prefer the Jerzy tone and natural feel.[/quote]

Should I buy it ??? My gosh i ll be broke...

[quote name='KERMITNT' post='313649' date='Oct 24 2008, 11:12 AM']Should I buy it ??? My gosh i ll be broke...[/quote]

I dont know how your finances are :huh: but here in Portugal Jerzy's basses are extremely rare and in the second hand market the prices climb through the roof!

Jerzy's basses have unique features that stands appart from other bass builders and that is reflected in terms of pure sound and an "acustic woody feel" with a modern growl in a distance of a knob!

Jerzy's passive tone is the best passive sound with modern feel that I've here heard!
a portuguese friend of mine has two Foderas, one jerzy and one Sadowsky and he tells me that the Jerzy is by far the best money for value bass that he ever bought!.

can you post some pictures of that beauty? :)

I don't know about you but if I was going to pay that much for a bass, it would need to be my main bass that I gigged every week...

...but if you're earning enough or have the right amount saved then go for it. :) If not then maybe start saving, this probably won't be the last Jerzy you encounter. Patience is often a cheaper alternative. :huh:

Jerzy's basses are great work horses!
I played in several weather conditions and my bass never gets out of tune and the neck is extremely stable to weather changes!
the basses may appear delicate but they are strong work tools that never will let you down!

Jerzy's work isn't cheap but is the best investement you can make because it will be a bass of a life time!