Why become a member? ×

FS Fender Jazz 1973
£2500

Andy

Up for sale is my 73 Fender Jazz purchased from Gary Mac on BC

Here's Gary's excellent original description :rolleyes:

[center]Fender [color=red]1973[/color] [color=red]Jazz[/color].[/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Sunburst and Rosewood.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]A lovely vintage sunburst, U.S. [color=red]Jazz[/color] bass, including original hardcase.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It’s getting harder to find decent, playable, unbutchered examples of this vintage. I am reluctant to sell but a 60’s [color=red]Jazz[/color]has caught my eye and so, to fund the purchase I need to move this on first. It will get withdrawn if I miss the opportunity to get the other one.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you are looking for a good 70's [color=red]Jazz[/color], this is a lovely one. The paintwork has a pleasing level of ageing, patina and wear from over forty years of use but more importantly it just plays so well.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Pickups, pots and hardware are all original with the exception of the chrome neck pup cover.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The block and bound neck looks great and the fretwork is superb.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]There are no dead spots and the frets are still in exceptional condition.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The fretboard radius is 7.25[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Width at nut is approx 38 mm.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I haven’t gigged it yet but would happily do so as at just 9lb 6oz it is a comfortable weight and it balances well on the strap.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Through my little practice combo it sounds like a 70’s [color=red]Jazz[/color] should sound.[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The controls work smoothly and the pots are quiet and crackle free[/font][/color][/center]

[center][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][attachment=241072:IMG_1547.JPG][attachment=241073:IMG_1548.JPG][attachment=241074:IMG_1549.JPG][attachment=241075:IMG_1550.JPG][attachment=241076:IMG_1551.JPG][attachment=241077:IMG_1552.JPG][attachment=241078:IMG_1553.JPG][/font][/color][/center]

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...