Why become a member? ×

20th Anniversary SR5 HH Traded!
£1600

GreeneKing

I have an absolutely lovely SR5 HH and it is awesome. I also have a Radiance Red Bongo 5 HH and a ACG Finn Uber spec plus two active Jazz single coil 5ers (ACG and GMR) so I'm putting the SR5 up for trade because I'm looking for a passive 5 P bass of some sort. I want high end quality passive P bass tone with 5 strings basically.

I have changed the title from 'for trade' to add 'for sale' as I have a bass on the horizon that would suit but I'm open to trade offers still.

The SR5 is near mint with a special case and candy. It has the mahogany tone block and the modified EQ.

Here is the actual bass and I can take more photo's of course. It's not me playing btw, I'm leaner, older and much greyer. Bass in Kendal, trial welcome;

[url="https://youtu.be/Oo4K3hNm7q8"]https://youtu.be/Oo4K3hNm7q8[/url]

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][b][i]Limited Edition![/i][/b][/font][/color]
[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3][i]Exclusive to this anniversary instrument, a pre-amp was specially designed to accentuate the low-end frequencies while gaining additional clarity, sustain and response. Paying tribute to the earliest Sting Ray 5 models, the instrument's pickups come equipped with the ever-popular Alnico magnets. Further improvements include an inlayed mahogany Tone Block centered underneath the sweet spot of the pickups and a five-bolt neck attachment providing smoother access to higher frets. This anniversary edition bass guitar features an Ash body with a flame maple top in an exclusive custom California Sunset finish.

Music Man is recognized as the benchmark of modern bass guitar design and manufacturing since introducing the Stingray bass in 1976. Music Man was founded in 1972, and acquired in 1984 by Ernie Ball Inc. The company has since developed many groundbreaking guitars and basses.[/i][/size][/font][/color]

Peter

Edited by GreeneKing

I've played this bass at promenade and can confirm it's an absolute corker! It has a slimmer neck than the Ray 5HH I own and is really comfy. Loads of tones available with the twin pickups 😁

Bump for anyone who may have a suitable trade. I'll get some photos of this stunning Stingray 5 done on Monday when I have a chance and hopefully when some sun comes along. Sun in the Lake District??

Here's a stock photo to show the normal SR5 haters how nice this bass looks:

[quote name='jogi' timestamp='1489860795' post='3260420']
On the light side for this model, but too heavy for me... Good luck with the trade!
[/quote]

Thanks Jogi. It's no lightweight but as you say that doesn't come with the territory. Well balanced and she carries it well.