Why become a member? ×

Yamaha BB1500a

loudandclear

Continuing a bit of a 'thinning' of the herd now so.... - Bought this a little while ago from BB2000 on the forum - again I bought it because it was just such a good price for such a lot of bass. It was primarily bought as a back up to take to gigs and has such is well travelled but not been out of its case more than 5 time since I bought it! it sounds great and here is the text from the original sale (hope this is ok BB!)

[url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=4707&hl=yamaha+bb1500a"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=...=yamaha+bb1500a[/url]

"Only issue with this one is that one of the strap buttons has been moved by a previous owner, leaving an unfilled screwhole.

These are superb basses - they were highly acclaimed when introduced, won numerous awards, and then Yamaha stopped production (go figure). They were Yamaha's only jazz style bass at the time and sold at a retail of about £800 in the UK (Yamaha's replacement jazz - only avaliable in Asia as far as I know retails for about the same). The nut width is about the same as a Fender B neck. PUPs are humbucking. Electronics are volume/pan/bass(cut/boost)/treble(cut/boost) and a 3 way mid selector which can be set using an internal potentiometer to give boost or cut. Really nice basses (as well as this one I have another pair owned from new). In my opinion these are better basses than any of the Skyline Lakland jazz offerings (yes, I've owned these as well). Any Q's give a shout."

Up to date pics

[attachment=15082:DSCF0277.JPG]
[attachment=15083:DSCF0274.JPG]
[attachment=15084:DSCF0272.JPG]
[attachment=15085:DSCF0267.JPG]
[attachment=15086:DSCF0265.JPG]

Price £215 delivered with hard case as previous

cheers

Edited by loudandclear