Why become a member? ×

1983 Fender Jazz Standard Clean - SOLD
£1350

pmjos

[size=6][u][b]SOLD[/b][/u][/size]

[b]Just a Note: As this bass is at Bass Direct I will need probably need to cover additional shipping.[/b]

This is my Fender Jazz. it is an 83 serial number E300858and I bought it new when I was 19.
It has been very well looked after. Not gigged in 25 years. Excellent working order.

Modifications: Shaller Baddass type bridge fitted in 80's + original supplied
Pick guard modified from single piece plastic in 80s
Fender case from 90's - original fell to bits
Original truss rod tool

This is very, very clean. Couple of small dings on back, nothing through paint.

The neck is fast 38mm at nut. Weight 4Kg exactly.

Edited by pmjos

Hello,

these early 80' production are underrated. I had a elite and special pbass respectively from 83 and 82 and both had great luthery according to me so i guess this jazz bass don't derogate to the rule.

So have a free bump on my account.

Is it heavy ? Did the Schaller bridge need new holes ?

Thanks, Gargouill. This bass is exceptional, the neck is so fast and the craftsmanship is as good as anything I've ever played. I don't think the Schaller used all of the same holes but it went on probably 30 years ago..........I see no reason to take it off and look. It certainly would be under the original plate footprint. Weight 4Kg dead.

This jazz bass is still available. It remains one of the best I have ever owned and that is why I have kept for 33 years - it but it is getting traded in unless someone gets a very good deal here first. Its here till Friday after that no guarantees. I have a penta buzz to pay for.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Available to Bc'ers here only £1200. This 34 year old bass is in 9/10 condition and has lovely neck, really fast. I have owned it since new. This is a good one, workmanship is perfect and a lovely instrument. in Bass Direct at the moment.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...