Why become a member? ×

EBMM Musicman Stingray 5: Honeyburst/Maple
£1100

Jack

Hello everyone,

It is with great regret that I am listing my EBMM Stingray 5 for sale.

4 years ago I moved house, and temporarily stored all my belongings in my old room in my parents' house. I never did move the Ray 5 back out, it's sat in it's case since then which I think says a lot about how much I play it. I just never got around the whole 5-string thing. My 4-string Ray still gets played every day.

When I first got it I played it a lot and tried to bond, so it has a a small mark on the body on the bass strong side, this is shown in one of the photos. Mint really apart from that. Oh, there neck plate is slightly worn down from rubbing on my not-inconsiderable stomach. The beauty of being fat is that my pants stay up, so there's no bucklerash...

It plays great with the sound, build quality, feel and consistency that MM are famous for. There's no hunting for a good one with MM like you do with Fender and there are no duds either, they're all amazing. It comes in its' original EBMM hardcase and has some of the case candy. It's currently strung with fresh EBMM Slinkys.

I am the original owner and I distinctly remember picking it up on Valentine's Day 2004. It is serial number E01197, made 12/01/2004 and was notarized by EBMM in 2011 [url="http://forums.ernieball.com/ernie-ball-music-man-basses/1254-music-serial-database-406.html#post846669"]here[/url]. Sound Control in Newcastle ordered it via Strings and Things from EB themselves, this bass was literally built for me as at the time the maple board without the painted headstock was a difficult combo to find. I don't think the configurator on the EBMM site is still there, shame really.

I live in Newcastle but I travel a lot with work. I can likely meet up in most major towns in the North East or Yorkshire and I travel to London a lot too. This price includes UK postage and the official EBMM hard case.

[s]I would prefer a straight sale as I'm so picky with basses but if you have happen to have a modern 4 string with a MM pickup or similar and a maple neck then please make an offer. My dream bass is a Clover Avenger, I'm gutted I missed out on the one for sale here recently.[/s]

Edit for trade options:
I do like maple fretboards and humbuckers generally. I would consider trades or part exchanges for:
Clover Avenger
MM Bongo
MM Stingray (In fact, pretty much anything EBMM apart from a Sterling!)
Warwick
Ibanez
Unusual/rare stuff, try me!

I have attached two pictures, but more can be found [url="http://s52.photobucket.com/user/sparkythebunny/library/EMBB%20Stingray%205"]by clicking here[/url].

Edited by Jack

Please keep the trade offers an such coming in. I know there are a few Ray 5s on here at the moment so please do make an offer, either trades or cash, the worst I can say is no.

I'm going to be in Birmingham Tuesday and Wednesday and then York on Friday. London next week. I'm happy to bring the bass with me on any of these trips if that would help anyone out.

BUMP.

I have a great trade offer on the table, but me and the other owner are struggling to be able to meet up. By mutual consent this is still for sale until such time as we can arrange to get together. I have added trade options to the top post, I'm more than happy to entertain anything though. I'd be up for an unusual deal, like if you had a significantly cheaper bass and you could throw the rest my way in cash. My main gigging bass is a £300 Dean, so I do like the midrange stuff, ideal if you want to move to a Stingray and you don't want to sell your current bass!

Go on try me, the worst I can say is no! :)