Why become a member? ×

Losing text in post edits and PM's

Hamster

It may be a related problem but I find that when I edit a post, when I look at the preview (and edited post) I loose loads of text. In fact I only seem to retain the top portion of the post that would fit in the text window. This happens every time in "full edit" mode, but seems to be ok in "quick edit" ?

I also did a long (for me!) reply to a PM and the recipient told me she didn't receive any of my reply and a portion of her 'quoted' PM was missing?

[quote name='Hamster' post='31694' date='Jul 14 2007, 10:24 AM']It may be a related problem but I find that when I edit a post, when I look at the preview (and edited post) I loose loads of text. In fact I only seem to retain the top portion of the post that would fit in the text window. This happens every time in "full edit" mode, but seems to be ok in "quick edit" ?

I also did a long (for me!) reply to a PM and the recipient told me she didn't receive any of my reply and a portion of her 'quoted' PM was missing?[/quote]

Hamster

edited to add "Hamster" which was not included in my original post??

Edited by Hamster

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='34141' date='Jul 19 2007, 02:32 PM']Next time the problem happens, can somebody copy the exact text that is left over, save it as a .txt file and attach it here. If it's always the same size, might help indicate what it is.

From Invision:

When they are losing post, are they making large posts? Or is it just any size post?[/quote]

Hi, details of problem attached, my comments/explanations are in quotes " " while post details entered are in between the ----------- lines.

[attachment=1293:basschat..._problem.txt]

[quote name='P-T-P' post='35280' date='Jul 21 2007, 04:15 PM']FYI Javascript errors gone now but still have this posting problem.[/quote]

Think I may have cracked this - reply and/or edit a post in full edit mode, and see if you are using the "standard" or "rich text" editor by toggling the top right icon above the insert list icons. I've found that using "rich text" seems to cause the problem. I must of toggled mine inadvertantly when attempting to format large posts.

Hamster

• 3 weeks later...

[quote name='phatmonkey' post='42689' date='Aug 7 2007, 11:17 PM']I've disabled the rich text editor, it just seems to be causing problems. Nobody cares do they?[/quote]

You care! - have a nice cup of tea and a pat on the back :)

Hamster