Why become a member? ×

SOLD Ibanez Talman TMB30 s-s FS
£140

scrumpymike

This is a mint/unmarked example of a really nice s-s bass. I had it set up by my local luthier with my preferred D'Addario EXL220S strings and the price is delivered UK and includes the excellent gig-bag that came with my Maruszczyk Cazpar (that now has a hard case and the bag's a perfect fit for the Talman). Here's the spec:

Construction: Mahogany with rosewood fretboard (radius = 9.5")

Scale length: 30" with 20 medium frets

Weight: 3.3kg / 7.3lbs

Neck width at nut: 41mm / 1.6"

Pups: Dynamix P (neck), Dynamix J (bridge)

Reason for sale? Too much stuff coming in!!

Edited by scrumpymike

Free bump on me Mike!

I have one of these and it's now my No. 1 bass. Unbelievable value for money, and so easy on the neck and shoulders. This bass has enabled me to continue playing when it looked for a while that I might have to stop. The P/J arrangement gives a wide tone range. In my opinion, the P pickup is particularly impressive with lots of mid-range clarity if you want it, that means you're not stuck with muddy-thuddiness. Mix-in the bridge pickup for bark and bite. Stock bridge, tuners, pickups are all sound and secure. Lightweight mahogany body balances nicely if you have a wide strap with a rough underside, and that meant I could discard my waist belt that supports my other basses via a lower-bout strap pin.

I'll shut up now. Sorry.

Don't apologise solo - you're absolutely right! My body's suffered from 5 decades of bass-playing wear and tear too. Over the past couple of years I've tried pretty much every s-s bass I could get my hands on - and seem to have ended up buying most of them! So now it's time to get back down to the 3 or 4 basses that best suit my needs (I've already sold a Gibson SG, a Les Paul DC, a Hofner Club and a fretles Scott Whitley SWB-1). This one plays/sounds virtually as good as the more expensive stuff I'm keeping!