Why become a member? ×

Modern Albums With Excellent Bass

bass_in_ya_face

[quote name='marcus bell' post='308174' date='Oct 16 2008, 09:22 PM']Stanley clarke-the toys of men or go old school, with school days get it lol[/quote]

+1

Stanley's playing on The Toys Of Men is fantastic, the best record he's ever made imo! (outside of Animal Logic!). His solo at the end of the title track brings tears to my eyes. Beautiful.

[quote name='johnnylager' post='308655' date='Oct 17 2008, 03:01 PM']And Genesis let that f***ing drummer sing.[/quote]

My 3 favourite Genesis albums are Trick of the Tail, Seconds Out and And Then There Were 3. I actually prefer Phil's versions of Peter's songs. I know, I'm in the minority. :huh:

Speaking of which, I went to see The Musical Box at the Manchester Apollo tonight. The band were great, but 3/4 of the gig was ruined by a row of drunken guys (and one woman I could see) speaking at pub level volumes all the way through everything, shouting and being generally obnoxious, and even drowning out the quieter material such as White Mountain and Entangled.

They were told to shut up by various people and replied aggressively, and eventually one woman got 1 (?) of them thrown out, so far as I could tell. One of his mates went up and said something to her near the end and she looked rather shocked; I heard her telling a security guy at the end that he'd said they were going to get her outside. This from a bunch of guys apparently in their 50s at a Genesis tribute band gig!!!!! What is the world coming to?????? :) With any luck they all got run over crossing the road outside the venue.

Sad thing is the last time I saw this at a gig was at a Yes concert at the same venue. You just don't expect it at a prog gig!

Anyway, vent over and back to the thread....

Edited by 4000