Why become a member? ×

WITHDRAWN (too good to sell) Aguilar DB751 in mint condition
£1400

petergales

I'm afraid the ravages of time and persistent shoulder injuries means that this superb amp is up for sale :(

Anyone who has used one of these knows just how good they are. It is in absolutely mint condition as I've had it from new, it has always been kept in a flightcase and I always take good care of my gear. The flightcase in the picture is not for sale but the amp can come with a superior Flightcase Warehouse Spider case if required.

Specs from the website are as follows

[left]
Self-Diagnostic Protection Circuit and Thermal Overload Protection Circuit (both with LED indicators)
[b]Power Output[/b]: 975 watts @ 2 ohms, 750 watts @ 4 ohms, 400 watts @ 8 ohms
[b]Preamp Section: [/b]Three 12AX7’s
[b]Power Section:[/b] 12 complimentary lateral MOSFETs
[b]Transformer:[/b] Custom Aguilar toroidal power transformer
[b]EQ Section:[/b] passive tone stack with active midrange element, bass: +12 / -12 @ 40Hz; midrange: +12 / -12 @ 750Hz; treb: +12 / -7 @ 4kHz
[b]Deep Switch:[/b] Adds 5 dB of broadband boost at 30 Hz
[b]Bright Switch:[/b] Adds 5 dB of broadband boost at 5-7 kHz[/left]
[left]
[b]Effects Loop:[/b] Send is push/pull for line or instrument level; Return is push/pull for parallel or series operation
[b]Inputs:[/b] One 1/4" input jack with an active/passive switch
[b]Outputs:[/b] Two Neutrik Speakon speaker outputs, Jensen XLR balanced output (with pre/post EQ and ground lift switch) and Tuner out.
[b]Cooling:[/b] High quality whisper fans with thermal speed control
[b]Dimensions: [/b]17" W x 14" D x 5.25" H
[b]Rack Size:[/b] Three Spaces, Includes detachable rack ears
[b]Weight:[/b] 42 lbs

Because of the weight of this thing collection or meet up is the only realistic option.[/left]

Edited by petergales

I recently used one of these on an arena tour with two 4 x 10 cabs and it was by far the best sounding rig i've ever heard and i've heard then all..
It filled the O2 stage in London with no problems at all.. Bump Bump Bump..

Thanks Wan, you've helped me make my mind up. It truly is a great amp and I'm now thinking I must be mad to even think of parting with it. I never learn from past experience as I've had the 751 before and sold it then regretted it and bought another (this one!).

It has so much headroom that it just cruises at pub gigs and with my two GS112s it makes one of the best rigs money can buy. I think I'll just have to man up and either put up with the pain, find a more comfortable-to-carry rack case or make sure other band members help me carry it.

Thanks again