Why become a member? ×

NCRD (New Cab Rehearsal Day)

Lozz196

For a long time I had Barefaced Super12Ts, was perfectly happy with them, but GAS beckoned so sold them on and got a Barefaced Retro Two10 & Four10 so I could have "a stack". Unfortunately these didn`t work out for me - nothing wrong with them, and if I were doing anything other than what I`m currently doing, which needs gain/drive and high top-end twang, I`d happily have kept them.

So I did the research and ordered a Barefaced Big Twin 2. Picked it up a few weeks back, and finally got to use it with the band last night. Compared to the Super12T which is the sound I want back, the BT2 is less middy, and has greater low-end. Additionally I always used the S12T without the tweeter, but using the BT2 without the mid-freq cone there aren`t enough highs/mids coming across, so that has to be on. So with everything on full/set to kill, I plundered forwards.

Backing off of the lows slightly and upping the mids and highs slightly and my sound was there/back. I`d say the BT2 is a very flat-sounding cab, with no emphasis on any particular area of the sound, what you put in comes out. This to me is great as I can be even more sure that the sound I set for on-stage is what goes to FOH, as it`s rare we do a gig without FOH.

Another plus-point is the BT2 is bigger than the S12T so on-stage, with my amp on top it`s not dwarfed by the guitarists Marshall half-stack - image (of gear) is still important on some scenes. I know there will be clamours of "no pics" and yes I will sort some, but just wanted to put down that the BT2 is an immense cab and I`m very pleased with it. I`m aware this may seem like a "but he`s not raving about it" sort of thread, but I find that when I`m raving about something it can sometimes mean I`m trying to kid myself about it, but when I quietly accept that I really like something it`s the real deal, and the BT2 is.