Why become a member? ×

What sort of rig can you get for £600...?

EBS_freak

So, I have been helping a friend buy his first rig. He's just started out in the world of gigging - still to do his first gig, but for a budget of just £600 (OK, I went a tiny bit over budget), I think I have done him well. What do you reckon? (and the cabs were brand new!) He can't wait to get out there now!

He wanted me to gig it tonight (smallish venue approx 80-100 people) so he could hear what is sounded like - so I obliged... and you know what, it sang beautifully. He's chuffed... and so am I! (for that sort of money, it would do me and I had already decided I was going to get the head for myself to use with the TD650 if he wasn't keen... hmm... stereo rigs are lovely if not a tad over the top!)

Those Yamahas cabs are pretty good you know - well surprised at how well they perform at such a bargain price... and the HD350 seems to have endless amounts of power. It must be the most efficient 300w head out there!

Edited by EBS_freak

[quote name='EBS_freak' post='304678' date='Oct 12 2008, 01:45 AM']So, I have been helping a friend buy his first rig. He's just started out in the world of gigging - still to do his first gig, but for a budget of just £600 (OK, I went a tiny bit over budget), I think I have done him well. What do you reckon? (and the cabs were brand new!) He can't wait to get out there now!

He wanted me to gig it tonight (smallish venue approx 80-100 people) so he could hear what is sounded like - so I obliged... and you know what, it sang beautifully. He's chuffed... and so am I! (for that sort of money, it would do me and I had already decided I was going to get the head for myself to use with the TD650 if he wasn't keen... hmm... stereo rigs are lovely if not a tad over the top!)

Those Yamahas cabs are pretty good you know - well surprised at how well they perform at such a bargain price... and the HD350 seems to have endless amounts of power. It must be the most efficient 300w head out there![/quote]

So you managed to get the HD 350 in the end! Nice one, bet it sounds great!

[quote name='birdy' post='304679' date='Oct 12 2008, 02:10 AM']So you managed to get the HD 350 in the end! Nice one, bet it sounds great![/quote]

Yeah - a trek down to London, a quick stop off at the Gallery back up to brum, load up a drummer and drums and then off to Leicestershire. Hardcore day!

The HD350 is an absolutely mint condition. Not one scratch on it. I am well impressed with that find!!

PS how did the gig go? Both GB and Nordy action??

Edited by EBS_freak