Why become a member? ×

Oh what to do..... any sugestions on how to spend some money?.....

BassJase

To cut a long story short I've just had the fortune to come into a little cash, and after paying off all my debts and buying a new car I reckon I've got about 2k to treat myself to some new bass gear.
But.... the question is, how to bloody spend it. I thought for a while of just buying one real nice bass, maybe even look into getting a custom, but then I thought I should get a new rig with maybe £1200 and then buy a couple of lower priced basses (I'd love a Ergodyne Jazz or a Gary Willis fretless, and amp wise I quite fancy a EBS rig....)

In all honesty I don't actually need a new rig, but if I start thinking that way then i'll realise I don't actually need any more basses either, and thats just crazy talk. :)

So anyone got any suggestions? I love Robbie's RIM basses, and if needs be I could stretch out another £500 probably, but right before christmas should I just wait and see what bargains I can snaffle on here or the dreaded EvilBay?
Mmmmm..........

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='303507' date='Oct 10 2008, 06:50 AM']Put it in the bank for when that - I MUST HAVE THAT - moment comes along.[/quote]
^
Yep - thats the sensible thing to do - open a web-based savings account with a decent interest rate and watch the interest mount up until you are gassing for something specific rather than just wanting [i]something[/i].

Ha ha this sounds like my lad when he gets his birthday money ....
Actually it sounds like me a few years ago :huh:
The result? Some fixed teeth and my Shuker P5 ...

Get a custom, you'll probably never have the spare cash again ......

or pop it in the bank, I hear they are doing really well right now :)

Edited by OldGit

[quote name='thepurpleblob' post='303507' date='Oct 10 2008, 06:50 AM']Put it in the bank for when that - I MUST HAVE THAT - moment comes along.[/quote]

I know that's really what I should do, but i'm like a kid in a sweetshop when i've got spare cash.
I've just got to try to not blow it all on cider and tattoo's.......

But yeah a custom sounds real sweet so far, have to look into some luthiers or maybe even take a peek at Warmoth.

[quote name='OldGit' post='303578' date='Oct 10 2008, 09:18 AM']Ha ha this sounds like my lad when he gets his birthday money ....
Actually it sounds like me a few years ago :huh:
The result? Some fixed teeth and my Shuker P5 ...

Get a custom, you'll probably never have the spare cash again ......

or pop it in the bank, I hear they are doing really well right now :)[/quote]

Yeh - I think that an Icelandic bank will give you the best rate of return at the moment....