Why become a member? ×

Peavey T-Max 500 watt Head - SOLD
£400

sbrag

2 Heads and a cab for sale. Bought recently to try and free up a few £££s but have decided I can't replace my OBT and Barefaced set up so these are surplus to requirements and taking up room. I may keep one of the heads as a back up.

Peavey T-Max head. Valve and solid state pre amps.500 watts at 2 ohm. Amp sounds great and works as it should except the volume knob for the solid channel snapped but you can still turn it, it has a few scuffs on the body, some light rust on the back. Looking for £125ono

SOLD - Ampeg B2-RE Head. Solid state head 450 watts at 4 ohm. Good condition except one slider on the eq is broken but it can still be moved with a finger nail. The guy I bought it from said it made a noise when the bass was plugged in but I've had no issues and it works perfectly for me.£100ono

SOLD -Ampeg B410hlf 4x10 cab with switchable tweeter. 400 watts at 4 ohm. Couple of nicks and marks in the tolex but otherwise good condition. £175ono

Any trials or viewings welcome and I'll put the kettle on too.

Id much prefer collection from Downend in Bristol or I may be able to deliver in the Bristol area and often travel to Bournemouth with work. Postage for the amps should be OK at buyers cost and risk but I don't have packaging for the cab.

Open to sensible offers especially if you want an amp and cab together. Any questions please let me know.

Photos here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/op8yuqlcfg1i1vl/AAAS26J3CeQBBsDSX_sj82Oga?dl=0

Edited by sbrag

I decided to take it to a gig last night as it sounded ace at home. 5 songs in and it started to cut out so I can't sell it in its current state for the current price. I think it is a loose connection to the master volume so should be easily fixable but I'll take £50 plus postage to save me the hassle of getting it fixed otherwise I'll take it to an amp tech repost once it is sorted.

I used a T max for many years.... a great amp... bit on the heavy side by today's standards but I may be interested, purely for nostalgia...
my tech guy says they are very easy to work on.... 50 quid eh? ... hmmm.....

I'm in Bristol too!.... so could be very easy?..... :)