Why become a member? ×

Walking Basslines Tablature Book/Cd.

thebigyin

You've got me thinking too about my playing. I've been in a band, but my work schedule is demanding and I've drifted into playing music scores and fixing up basses.

I don't address my need to be able to do what you do and play along with a track in a simulated band situation.

I'm away on holiday atm, but I must deal with this when I'm back. I'm no different to you.

Cheers Grangur i spent some time trying to learn some basic theory scales and finally fathomed out the modes only in the key of C both ascending and descending, some triads, arpeggios ect both on Electric Bass and Acoustic Guitar i now need to fathom out how to play scales ect on the Upright but it's suprising how you take the frets and dot markers on Electric for granted....but saying that Grangur i have wanted an Upright Bass for many years but maybe should of done some research first but I shall persevere and i have no real aspirations but if one day i could maybe get good enough to join a Blues or Jazz Trio that would be great....but for me now it's right back to basics and of course a bit of blagging on route lol....enjoy your holiday always good to chat with other Bassists cheers Bob

[quote name='Grangur' timestamp='1472884221' post='3124979']
"Diatonic Harmony".... that's the term I was trying to recall.

Yes, I can see getting into a band is a great education. I salute you for that and singing in particular.

There must be a massive temptation though, to simply blag your way through and never go into depth until a need hits you between the eyes.

At least the learning resources are so much easier and better now.

It's good to have met you.
[/quote]

Not together i must add i have fronted many Bands no great shakes and played Bass in a few Bands and duos ect but unfortunately can't sing and play Bass always separately cheers Bob