Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Precision Japan 1980s E serial in good condition *price drop* £500
£575

mihangle

Regrettably I need funds to buy some lightweight amplification, so am reluctantly putting this one up for sale.

It's the nicest Precision I have played, a Fender Made in Japan E790XXX which according to the Fender website puts its year of manufacture at being between 1984 and 1987.

When I bought it, I went to the vendor's house to buy a USA-made one and walked away with this one instead - on the basis that it was a lot nicer.

It has one ding underneath and a couple of lighter marks to the bottom of the guitar underneath the volume and tone pots not really visible in the pictures. A few age-commensurate marks to the headstock and a circular scratch from a rogue string.

A previous owner has put ash trays on it and made one hole too many in the scratch plate. The chrome on the tone and volume pots are discoloured as is common with these models.

I can ship it to the UK mainland for £29.

The bass weights 9lbs 4oz on my fishing scales.

I live in Pembrokeshire in West Wales, where you are welcome to try it out. I work in Cardiff, so the bass can be collected from me there.

[attachment=226286:MJA_8297.JPG][attachment=226287:MJA_8299.JPG][attachment=226288:MJA_8300.JPG][attachment=226289:MJA_8301.JPG][attachment=226290:MJA_8302.JPG][attachment=226291:MJA_8304.JPG][attachment=226292:MJA_8306.JPG][attachment=226293:MJA_8307.JPG]

Edited by mihangle

• 3 weeks later...

Hi basolas
Yes - I haven't taken the neck off to check the serial no, and have had no reason the adjust the truss rod. The neck is straight and plays really well.
I think the only things that aren't original are the chrome bridge and pick up covers which I have taken off anyway.
thanks
Mike