Why become a member? ×

Asio drivers and Audacity

NickThomas

[quote name='NickThomas' post='299613' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:23 PM']Hi guys.

From my understanding, asio drivers aren't supported in Audacity.So how do any of you Audicitites get over the latency issue?

Cheers,

Nick.[/quote]

downloaded the non-free source code (Steinberg SDK) along with the free source code for Audacity and recompiled audacity to use Asio.

The licence for the Steinberg SDK prohibits it being distributed compiled into Audacity.

[url="http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?title=ASIO_Audio_Interface"]http://audacityteam.org/wiki/index.php?tit...Audio_Interface[/url]

[quote name='NickThomas' post='299613' date='Oct 4 2008, 09:23 PM']Hi guys.

From my understanding, asio drivers aren't supported in Audacity.So how do any of you Audicitites get over the latency issue?

Cheers,

Nick.[/quote]

What OS are you running? There should be low latency WDM drivers for any decent audio interface.

[quote name='NickThomas' post='300665' date='Oct 6 2008, 05:24 PM']I'm running vista 32 bit . Through a delta 66 . Asio drivers are installed on the soundcard but they aren't used in the Audacity program . Maybe I'll just have to bite the bullet and pay for software lol[/quote]

No, but good quality windows drivers should be low enough latency - that's what Sonar uses.