Why become a member? ×

Euphonic iAmp 350 Combo - Sold Pending Usual

molan

This combo is a 350w 1x10 with a positively huge sound for its diminutive size. Will handle small/medium sized gigs on its own and works brilliantly as a stage monitor if you're going through the PA because it has such a clean 'pure' sound.

This really is top quality equipment and the sound is amazing given the physical cab size. Loads of flexibility from the EQ and fixed pre-sets, easy to match to just about any bass to let the real sound of your bass shine through.

I've turned up at gigs with one of these and afterwards had drummers & other band members ask where I'd hidden the extra cabs and/or how much bass was being fed into their monitors because they could hear it so clearly laugh.gif

The head is easily removable for studio use or to power a larger cab(s) must be worth the price for the head alone!

It's in good condition having spent most of its life in a studio or being used for home practice use. All pots seem to be working fine and no nasty scratching.

I did have this up for sale at £400 a while ago & it nearly sold then but thought I'd give fellow BC people an option at 'bargain' price of £350 (that's only £1 per W!) before I stick it up on general sale.

There's a review of one of these here with full specs: [url="http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_euphonic_audio_iamp/index.htm"]http://onstagemag.com/ar/performance_eupho..._iamp/index.htm[/url]

Pics are library shots but I can try to get some better ones if required.

I think postage would be in the £30 region if anyone wants to have it shipped. I'd be able to deliver within a reasonable radius of home if someone wanted to pay for petrol costs :)

Edited by molan

BLIMEY ! very very good price! awesome combos, i recently sold one and it,s in the list of things i regret selling . Yup worth it for the head alone, don't let the 10" speaker fool you either, the transmission line cab is capable of deep lows. Excellent combo for upright, quick someone buy before i get into serious trouble!

[quote name='steve-norris' post='299588' date='Oct 4 2008, 08:23 PM']BLIMEY ! very very good price! awesome combos, i recently sold one and it,s in the list of things i regret selling . Yup worth it for the head alone, don't let the 10" speaker fool you either, the transmission line cab is capable of deep lows. Excellent combo for upright, quick someone buy before i get into serious trouble![/quote]

Yep, easily worth a good £100 more than the asking price, but my storage space is running out and the 'ever sufferin' is giving me a hard time :)

Hi there,

How well does this combo handle low B, and high volume? Im looking for a small amp for pit work and rehearsals. I use an Overwater 6...
Would you be able to courier it?
Do you have any actual pictures of your combo.

Could be extremely very interested!!!! I will be in touch tomorrow with some confirmation if you could describe the above to me? :huh:

Cheers!!

Best wishes,

Matt :)

[quote name='overwater#1' post='304936' date='Oct 12 2008, 06:14 PM']Hi there,

How well does this combo handle low B, and high volume? Im looking for a small amp for pit work and rehearsals. I use an Overwater 6...
Would you be able to courier it?
Do you have any actual pictures of your combo.

Could be extremely very interested!!!! I will be in touch tomorrow with some confirmation if you could describe the above to me? :unsure:

Cheers!!

Best wishes,

Matt :)[/quote]

Hi Matt,

The honest answer is that I've never played a 5 through it so can't be 100% sure how it would work with a low B at high volume.

I did find a review from a 5 string player on TalkBass:

GIG
---
Small/medium room with high, raised wooden stage, fully enclosed on both sides. Much like an old high school auditorium or community theater. In this case, a Moose Lodge. I play this room almost every month and have for years. I\'m VERY familiar with its sonic characteristics (i.e. it\'s favorable for bass and adds some low-end given the \"reflex\" factor of the stage)

RIG
---
Hanewinckel Vintage fretless 5 with graphite neck and Hanewinckel Vintage Retro 4. Both basses feature Bart pups and 3-band bart preamps. Jacked into the combo with D\'Addario Planet Waves cable, no effects.

SOUND
-------
Tight and clear. Low-end was not massive (this is a single 10, folks) but it offered a satisfying thump, even on the low B of the fretless. Didn\'t vibrate the stage much, of course. How could it? What it did do, however, is sound balanced and even throughout the frequency spectrum. The highs were especially clean and free of harshness. Upper register soloing was rendered with at times astonishing accuracy. This was very noticeable on the fretted 4.

I had the output on this little demon set on 4 and NEVER turned up either bass past about 3/4! Plenty of headroom and tone was very consistent. I did notice a somewhat strained sound when I dug in a bit but it seemed natural and a result of the bass and not the amp.

I can\'t wait to try this on a jazz gig with my 1946 Kay upright!

COMPARISONS
--------------
This is tough because I\'ve never played through a combo amp this small that was even close to being in its class! A single Wizzy with the Walter Woods Ultra or EA iamp 800, for instance, is easily as portable and superior in every way but we\'re talking a LOT more money.

SUMMARY
---------
If you want the ultimate small combo that sounds huge for its size, look around for one of these. It\'s really nothing short of amazing. I got very lucky when I found mine and it was in near mint condition too. Obviously, this combo won\'t get the job done on every gig. But for the small room, low to moderate volume outings, I can\'t imagine anything better, especially if you seek clarity and uncolored sound.

I also took some pics :huh:

The one of the strap is to show that it's about the only part showing any wear. I did have a problem with an earlier one of these and wrote to Euphonic in the States about it - they sent me a replacement for free :huh: :huh:

Edited by molan