Why become a member? ×

Update in post 2 - Steinberger Spirit XT2 4 string - black, with case and new strings
£150

tredders

I got this about 3 months ago, and was so impressed with it that I've since gone out and bought its older brother (Steinberger Synapse).

Cracking little bass, very light and easy to transport, and sounds great. I bought it as a travel bass (I spend a lot of times in hotels with my job!), but liked the feel of it so much, I used it for a recent sit-down-and-play-quietly-in-a-bar gig. The folding leg stand works well!

Comes with the Steinberger soft case, and a new set of Steinberger strings. Plays well, and is a great bass for the money.

One point to mention - the tuner for the D string is quite stiff. I can move it fine, but it's not as smooth as the other tuners. Not an issue but thought I'd mention it. The bass holds tuning very well, so I've not had to retune it in about a month (not that being out of tune has ever stopped me before).

Some info from the Steinberger website:

[color=#000000][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]The Spirit XT-2DB 4-string bass guitar is a breakthrough for contemporary bassists. It features the patented Steinberger DB-Tuner, which extends the range of the E-string from Eb to B. This electric bass also features a 3-piece, hard maple thru-neck construction with the patented Steinberger Double-Ball Tuning System that provides rock-solid tuning, stability, and tone. At only 38.50" in length, it is among the most travel-friendly and convenient full-size, professional basses on the market.[/size][/font][/color]

[size=5][b][size=4]FEATURES[/size][/b][/size][list]
[*]Number of Strings: 4
[*]Body Wing Material: Maple
[*]Neck Material: 3-piece Hard Maple
[*]Neck Joint: Thru-Neck
[*]Fingerboard: Rosewood
[*]Scale Length: 34"
[*]Frets: 24
[*]Neck Width at Zero Fret: 1.50"
[*]Pickups (passive): Bridge - EMG Select Humbucker
[*]Neck - EMG Select Humbucker
[*]Controls: 1 - Neck Pickup Volume
[*]1 - Bridge Pickup Volume
[*]1 - Master Tone
[*]Bridge: Patented Steinberger Bass Bridge with direct-pull 40:1 fine tuners and patented DB-Tuner drop-tuning system
[*]Tuning System: Patented, Steinberger Double-Ball System
[/list]
Stock picture shown below - I can take real pics later when I'm home from work, but it looks just like this one!

£150 collected from junction 12 of the M40 (sunny Warwickshire) or I can meet in Solihull / Leamington / Warwick. Happy to post at cost price.

Famous last words: I really don't need anything else, but feel free to let me know trades. I'm have incurable GAS so there's bound to be something either musically related, or general gadget-like that I'll be tempted with. I can always add money for the right trade (semi acoustic bass might be tempting).

Any questions, let me know.

Cheers!

Edited by tredders