Why become a member? ×

that growly agressive sound (prog rock/rock)

pip

What i usually do, is with my Hyperdrive pedal, very low drive setting with the output boosted, but when i want to dirty it up, get a more aggressive tone at the same volume, turn up my bass to ull, output on the pedal down, and then it starts to get a little distorted when i dig in with a, dare i say it, metal pick (hides from the thrown bottles) lol
Zach

Ped, the only way anyone is going to be getting royaltys from me is if they give me the money to buy the stuff i need to use your patch lol, because right now I am so skint, i can't even get my gf's best mate, and a very close friend of mine, a birthday present, which is making me feel really bad lol.
Zach

Hehe well one day! Sounds like your method for the aforementioned sound is a winner, too. It's all about the dynamics if you ask me! Let me know when you make it big and I can think of a way to invoice you for something!

Cheers
ped

[quote name='ped' post='306667' date='Oct 14 2008, 09:26 PM']Hehe well one day! Sounds like your method for the aforementioned sound is a winner, too. It's all about the dynamics if you ask me! Let me know when you make it big and I can think of a way to invoice you for something!

Cheers
ped[/quote]
One day Ped, one day. My band is actually closely related to The Raw, one of the bigger bands in Derby, which you might have heard of, and because our drummers sister is with their guitarist, who happens to know someone who has something to do with Mcfly or something lol, we have been pushing to get important types to our gigs, few and far between though they are, and we have a promise from The Raw that we will be supporting them if they do get signed.

Dynamics are the way forward, and personally i find many players sometimes lacking in that respect, they attempt to achieve the aggressive type of tone that many of us hope for with their EQ, yet they rarely get it right because they have no real sense of dynamics, so it just doesn't have the right feel, yet whenever I have a twang on their rig, when i play aggressive, they act abit "here, what are you doing, you'll break a bloody string doing that!"
Zach