Why become a member? ×

Korg DTR 2000 issues.

bubinga5

Ok the issue might be I'm a dumb ass. But I can't seem to get the tuner working.

Ok I'm plugging from my bass in to the amp. Then from the tuner out, on the amp in to the input 1,on the back on the Korg. Turn both on. Nothing. The only time it works is when I turn up but obviously that's the mic. I have the Korg on bass and on input 1 on the front ..Am I doing something wrong. ?

Edited by bubinga5

[quote name='bubinga5' timestamp='1470936028' post='3109493']
I'm not sure what you mean on your first point. Both instrument cables are fine. Checked both and I can play bass with them. The tuner out should be fine as I've never used it.

I'm very confused. The seller is a BC member so maybe he could shed some light.
[/quote]

What happens if you plug the bass directly into input 1 on the korg? If the tuner works with the amp out of the equation, then you know the problem's either with the amp, or the way you're using it.

Can you connect the tuner output on your amp to another amp, or a soundcard input on your computer - anything to tell you whether you're receiving a signal?

Also - have you hit the mute button on the tuner by any chance?

According to the manual:
[quote]
DTR-2000 only:
- INPUT select switch
This switch selects whether to use the INPUT 1 or the INPUT 2 jack. The input indicator will light to indicate the jack you selected. When you turn on the power, INPUT 1 will be selected.

- MIC You can use this mic to tune acoustic instruments. If you want to use the mic, use the INPUT SELECT switch to select an INPUT jack that is not connected, and turn Mute on
[/quote]

If the mic shouldn't be active unless you've got Mute on and a non-connected input selected, then it sounds like the tuner's not getting a decent level from the output on your amp for whatever reason.

Hang on a minute.... when you say "[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]The only time it works is when I turn up"..... you're not using the volume control on your bass to do that are you? If your bass is turned right down then the tuner's definitely not going to be getting any signal![/font][/color]

Ok I've plugged the bass straight into input 1 on the back of the Korg. It works. I do know there is a problem with the input jack on the Aggie.Very scratchy.

No the bass volume is up. I get the feeling there is something not right with amp.

Stoo, when you say the amp is not giving enough signal makes me think. There is a definate drop in signal because of the scratchy input jack. It also effects the gain knob which is also scratchy and makes alot of unwanted noise when touched.

Edited by bubinga5