Why become a member? ×

Quite a cool bass?

JJW

[color=#0055BB]http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/710-53481-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5575167086&toolid=10001&campid=5337854850&customid=&icep_item=172278968939&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229508&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg[/color]

Looks interesting. I don't quite understand what was done with the strap buttons (I suspect the choice of that body shape was Silly, given it was going to have all that extra weight at the headstock), and I don't like the name, but definitely interesting.

[quote name='alyctes' timestamp='1469401541' post='3098068']
Looks interesting. I don't quite understand what was done with the strap buttons (I suspect the choice of that body shape was Silly, given it was going to have all that extra weight at the headstock), and I don't like the name, but definitely interesting.
[/quote]

I think I can see the logic of the strap button placement - moving the attachment points relative to the centre of gravity, although it doesn't leave a very big loop to get your body through.

The bridge isn't too great, intonation adjustment on all three courses of each string rather than split saddles with separate intonation adjustment for the bass and the octave strings.

[quote name='tauzero' timestamp='1469624437' post='3099812']
I think I can see the logic of the strap button placement - moving the attachment points relative to the centre of gravity, although it doesn't leave a very big loop to get your body through.

The bridge isn't too great, intonation adjustment on all three courses of each string rather than split saddles with separate intonation adjustment for the bass and the octave strings.
[/quote]

Ohh... [i]now [/i]I get it. Thanks, I can see the intention now. That''s just going to make it really uncomfortable, IMO. Body design is Silly for a twelve, no two ways about it.

Yes, the bridge design isn't ideal, is it?