Why become a member? ×

Whats the best way to promote a gig?

Pinball

Flyposting used to be an offence under the 1968 Control of Advertisements Act (which came under Town & Country Planning)- whether or not it still is, I'm not sure but the potential fines were (are?) spine-chilling. I used to pay a 'company' to do my London billing - never had a complaint, used to do my own 'local' stuff on Sunday mornings using wallpaper paste & a bucket.....

:ph34r:

[quote name='luckydog' timestamp='1469183320' post='3096366']
The thread title reminds me of a H&S notice on the walls at work 'Proper Way to Lift Boxes', which set out in numbered steps how to posture and bend. Someone had graffiti'd out step 1, and replaced it with 'Step 1 : Get someone else to lift it' !

I think the same applies to promotion: it's best to pick and use a promoter who covers your area and genre. DIY takes time money and effort and musicians aren't nec even any good at it, so 'get someone else to do it' is my 2p worth. Promoters, where's the love ?!

LD
[/quote]

Depends on what level of gigging we're talking about.

In the States bar bands don't use promoters or contracts.

We have an administrator. She does a great job with posters being sent out to the venue's well in advance of the gig. She also collects email addresses and passing out 3 x 5s that list all upcoming gigs.

In addition she collects our fee and pays us.

Again we are not a professional band, however we have a professional attitude.

Blue

Edited by blue