Why become a member? ×

Ive got an annoying space on my pedal board

Maxcat

Yes I have. Im looking for an addition to my existing setup which is Bassbone, DHA VT2 overdrive , Optostomp compressor,Boss OC 2, Exar Pignose envelope Boss PH 3 Phaser and Korg Pitchblack tuner, all mounted on a Pedal train junior. I have a single pedal space that with a bit of crowbar action could be turned into a double space. I fancy an EHX Memory Man with H for the delay/echo but Im getting more and more interested in the possibilities of the looper. Which brings in the Akai Headrush into the equation. First of all will they both fit into a double pedal space? and next from the reviews on here, the MM is seen to be a delay with a basic loop facility, and the Headrush is a fantastic looper with a basic delay. Could I use the MM on stage to layer 4 or 5 levels then solo over the top or is that the Akais domain. Thing is I think I want a variety of delay/echo. Is this the Akai or is that the MM. If the MM can satisfy my looping interest then thats the one Ill go for. Your thoughts are highly appreciated. Hope this makes sense :)

I use the Stereo Memory man with Hazarai, it can add unlimited layers, including recording the delayed signal. Then you can pitch-shift, tap-tempo-timestretch, reverse and filter the loops. Only problem is you cannot undo them, only erase the whole lot. I think the Headrush can undo the last recorded loop though. I reckon the SMMH is a bit smaller, and the Headrush is a bit cheaper...

Well yes, the Headrush is primarily a looper with delays tacked on, and the MM is a delay with a looper tacked on. But the looper has had a fair bit of thought put into it in the MM anyway :) The undo function on the Headrush can be excellent though. If you're doing live looping and you've mucked it up enough to need to undo it, chances are everyone has noticed already anyway though :huh:

[quote name='Finbar' post='296027' date='Sep 30 2008, 11:14 PM']Well yes, the Headrush is primarily a looper with delays tacked on, and the MM is a delay with a looper tacked on. But the looper has had a fair bit of thought put into it in the MM anyway :) The undo function on the Headrush can be excellent though. If you're doing live looping and you've mucked it up enough to need to undo it, chances are everyone has noticed already anyway though :huh:[/quote]

Yeah just say f*@@ it and drive on :huh: