Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang Blue Soul - £550 * SOLD - Please Lock
£550

[b]Glockenklang Blue Soul[/b]

The short description would be that this is the best amp I have had bar none...

A longer description would be that Glockenklang have a reputation for clear and transparent bass amps with a great core tone, and I've very much found that to be the case, so much so that I rarely engage the EQ section at all. It really is a case of "The sound of your bass, only louder".

Glockenklang gear is definitely aimed more towards the HiFi end of the bass tone spectrum with the gain control serving to optimize the input level rather than provide overdrive. I would suggest for drive and valvy type tones this is probably not the best choice, but for deep, punchy, powerful, clean, sparkling bass tone this amp is for me the outright winner.

[b]Specs from Glockenklang:[/b]

[b]Features[/b]:
High performance class D power amp section (650 watts / 4 0hms, 350 watts / 8 ohms)
Excellent equalization section, switchable LED peak indicator for pre amp and power amp
LED indicators for all switch functions
Dual high impedance input A/B box with separate pre gain trim for input B
Effect Return also usable as mp3 player and additional mixing input
Balanced DI out
Tuner out
Phones out
Compact and robust design
Lighweight 5 kg (11 lbs)

[b]Inputs:[/b]
Input A for instruments with normal level
Input B with additional pre gain trim control for instruments with higher level and for piezo pickups

[b]Tone controls:[/b]
Switchable 5 band EQ
Bass +/- 15 dB @ 60Hz
Low +/- 12 dB @ 130Hz
Mid +/- 8 dB @ 550Hz
High +/- 12 dB @ 4.2KHz
Treble +/- 15 dB @ 12KHz

[b]Effect loops [/b]
1parallel effects loop, post eq, intensity controlled by effects section on the
front panel, footswitchable, also usable as second, mixable input

[b]Dimensions:[/b]
320 x 280 x 88 mm, 12.6" x 11" x 3.5" (2 rackspaces)
Weight: 5 kg, (11 lbs)

The only reason I am moving this on is that I am on a quest for the smallest and lightest rig possible that can still deliver the tone and volume I need. Whilst I prefer the tone of the Glock, my new Epifani is smaller, lighter and fits on top of my Barefaced One10s without any overhang (another consideration).

I have priced this to reflect the "collection only" condition as I do not have suitable packaging to ship it.

The amp comes with the bag (sadly missing the shoulder strap), a fancy Glockenklang power cable and some rack ears. All great condition.

£550 collected from Camden NW1 evenings/weekends

Edited by CamdenRob

I recently purchased one of these! (Paid slightly more too) and its a fabulous little amp, with a sublime tone. I'm currently running it at 8ohms through a Bergantino 12 and im a very happy bunny. I really need to get saving for another cab as i can't wait to hear it at full power 😆