Why become a member? ×

APHEX PUNCH FACTORY - Sold pending payment

whynot

Aphex Optical Compressor in very good condition. On-board DI out which is also very handy.
Very easy to use. The effect is quite subtle so lets through the natural sound of the instrument while levelling the signal. If your looking for an OTT squash effect this is not for you.
£50.00 including postage.

Edited by whynot

Guest BassKS

I do have one of these and works a treat. Managed to get a passive Pbass sound rather punchy with it. It adds very slight warmth and roundness... Dont use it anymore though, Pickups have been changed into EMG PJ's no exposed poles means no spikes or clicks during my flimsy playing.
These things retail at 99.99 in the Gallery. Thats how much I paid three months ago.

Had one of these previously.... and just bought another one from CHRISDABASS,

It's the sort of compressor that you think isn't doing a lot.... but your sound man and your audience will notice it more than you do in a live situation (if that makes sense) it's actually quite easy to over - do it if you're not carefull.... you think it isn't doing much in the house, or standing 3 foot away from your bass rig on a gig...... but it's a sort of "LESS IS MORE" situation, keeps the integrity of your tone, but get's you noticed in a busy mix...

Great bit of kit.....

[quote name='smudge' post='298075' date='Oct 2 2008, 10:07 PM']Does it need / come with an external power supply, or does it just run on batteries?[/quote]
No power adaptor with this but just using a battery it does last for some time.