Why become a member? ×

love supreme jazz festival

julesb

Like previous years, all the good stuff is happening in the side tents. Add Scofield/Mehldau/Giuliana to your list btw!

I can only go on the Sunday this time around so I'm hoping all the good stuff happens then.

[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1464365600' post='3058930']
Thanks! Didn't look hard enough.

But dammit all I want to see is on Saturday - and all in a row in the Big Top. What a line-up - Esperanza, S/M/G, Stanley Clarke.
[/quote]

The web site is a bit pants for an event only 5 weeks away.

Saturday is very tempting though quite a trip from Bristol. Perhaps a Podpad is an option http://podpads.com/love-supreme-2016

[quote name='julesb' timestamp='1464712688' post='3061729']
Looks like you need to do some sat sun swappage
[/quote]

I'm hoping they will cos I can't :(

Still I've booked to see Stanley Clarke at the Jazz Caff anyway, and I'll be seeing Giuliana later in the year. Just need Esperanza to do a warm up gig somewhere in London and I'm sorted.

What're your feelings on how it's already being billed as a "jazz funk and soul" festival rather than the "jazz festival" it started out being?

Edited by toneknob

Ah this looks great and only down the road from my old house too. I'd prefer this to Glastonbury but my girlfriend and her mates are making me go there instead. (I'm way past Glastonbury age, nobody likes to look at a gurning 43 year old going 'mental'.)