Why become a member? ×

Bass Guitar Magazines For Sale For Charity

Hi Folks

Adrian Ashton from Bass Guitar Magazine did a briliant talk for us at the SE Bass Bash on Saturday and as well as doing that, he very kindly left us will a pile of back issues of the magazine that he said we could use to raise a bit more for the coffers! So we shifted some copies at The Bash on the day but there's still a load more that we have....

So, I thought that if anyone here on the Forum is interested in any of these back issues then perhaps they would like to make a donation for them of say £1.50 for each magazine, plus some money for P&P. That way we can help bump up the total figure of funds raised from the event. How does that sound??

The issues available are:

[b]2007:[/b]
May/June Bruce Foxton cover (7 copies available)
July/Aug Stanley Clarke cover (3 copies available)
Sep/Oct Lemmy cover (4 copies available)
Nov/Dec Glenn Matlock cover (5 copies available)
Nov/Dec John Paul Jones cover (4 copies available)

[b]2008:[/b]
May/June Peter Hook cover (7 copies available)
July/Aug Charlotte Cooper cover (7 copies available)

Let me know if you're interested at all and whether you think £1.50 is a fair price? If so, we can start to move them all on and that'll help raise another £30-£40 or so for the two good causes..

Thanks!

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

[quote name='budget bassist' post='294874' date='Sep 29 2008, 08:36 PM']What sort of articles are in the last couple of issues? I only started reading them last month (i have the charlotte cooper one)[/quote]
The magazines are at my work so I'll have a look later and let you know..

I've had some PM's that have asked me about postage costs and I've got to admit that I've not got around to getting a price yet, as I've been so busy at work. But I'll do that today and then put another post here detailing what the costs are per magazine..

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='296143' date='Oct 1 2008, 08:08 AM']I've had some PM's that have asked me about postage costs and I've got to admit that I've not got around to getting a price yet, as I've been so busy at work. But I'll do that today and then put another post here detailing what the costs are per magazine..[/quote]
At last I've got the info on postage costs. Basically it works out at:

[b]First Class:[/b]
1 x magazine = £1.10
2 x magazines = £1.60
3 x magazines = £3.10

[b]Second Class:[/b]
1 x magazine = £0.90
2 x magazines = £1.30
3 x magazines = £2.50

In order to get these magazines moving how about a donation of £1.00 per magazine plus whatever postage you need/want??

[b]UPDATE:[/b] Thanks for the orders so far.. We still have these issues still available:
May/June Bruce Foxton cover ([b]6[/b] copies available)
July/Aug Stanley Clarke cover ([b]1[/b] copies available)
Sep/Oct Lemmy cover ([b]3[/b] copies available)
Nov/Dec Glenn Matlock cover ([b]3[/b] copies available)
Nov/Dec John Paul Jones cover ([b]1[/b] copies available)
[b]
2008:[/b]
May/June Peter Hook cover ([b]5[/b] copies available)
July/Aug Charlotte Cooper cover ([b]7[/b] copies available)

For some reason, no one has asked for the Charlotte Cooper issue? I don't know who she is or who her band are, but don't let the fact that she's on the front cover put you off as there's other good stuff inside the mag!

Remember, it's all for good causes... :)

Cheers

Nik

• 2 weeks later...

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='302846' date='Oct 9 2008, 11:15 AM'][b]UPDATE:[/b] Thanks for the orders so far.. We still have these issues still available:
May/June Bruce Foxton cover ([b]6[/b] copies available)
July/Aug Stanley Clarke cover ([b]1[/b] copies available)
Sep/Oct Lemmy cover ([b]3[/b] copies available)
Nov/Dec Glenn Matlock cover ([b]3[/b] copies available)
Nov/Dec John Paul Jones cover ([b]1[/b] copies available)
[b]
2008:[/b]
May/June Peter Hook cover ([b]5[/b] copies available)
July/Aug Charlotte Cooper cover ([b]7[/b] copies available)

For some reason, no one has asked for the Charlotte Cooper issue? I don't know who she is or who her band are, but don't let the fact that she's on the front cover put you off as there's other good stuff inside the mag!

Remember, it's all for good causes... :)

Cheers

Nik[/quote]

B-U-M-P! :huh: