Why become a member? ×

Lakland 44-64 P Bass Custom (Jazz Neck) £550.
£600

SonnyBass95

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Hi there, I am selling my Lakland 44-64 Custom (J Neck) Skyline Series. It's in fantastic condition and plays like a dream. The neck is fantastic, very playable and the action is very low. I[/font][/color][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]t's a P bass style with a Jazz Neck.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]For Full Specs: [/font][/color][url="https://www.lakland.com/44-64-custom.htm"]https://www.lakland....4-64-custom.htm[/url]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]It's with heavy heart that I am letting this go, with the only reason being that I am buying a different bass. [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Theres two tiny chips as shown in the pictures, but nothing at all affecting it's playing or sound.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I am based in Lymington, New Forest (Between Southampton and Bournemouth) and I'm free a lot of the time week days and sometimes weekends. [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If you're interested...come and try it! [/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]Contact Details:[/color][/font]
[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][email protected][/font][/color]
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#141823]07900942730[/color][/font]

[attachment=217093:IMG_5020.jpg]
[attachment=217089:IMG_5012.jpg]
[attachment=217090:IMG_5013.jpg]
[attachment=217091:IMG_5016.jpg]
[attachment=217092:IMG_5018.jpg]

Edited by SonnyBass95

[quote name='Thor' timestamp='1460876622' post='3029410']
Hi there, what position on the neck is the damage to the fingerboard please? Looks like the bottom of the fingerboard but wondering at what fret number?

Cheers and GLWTS.
[/quote]
Hi there, it's on the 4th fret and on the bottom of the fingerboard. It does not affect the playing at all.

Thanks,

Sonny

[quote name='Captain Rumble' timestamp='1461691245' post='3036858']
how heavy is she and how would you describe the sound (yeah I know silly question)
[/quote] I don't know the exact weight but I would describe it as relatively light.

The sound is punchy, with real nice low end. The pickups sound wicked!

If you follow this link, it'll take you to the website where you see the specs and click 'hear it' in the description to hear a few tasters of the sound: [url="https://www.lakland.com/44-64-custom.htm"]https://www.lakland....4-64-custom.htm[/url]

Hi Sonny,

GLWTS, long been a fan of the 44-64 Custom - AKA the Duck Dunn Signature. Not enough of them around!

Out of interest, do you know why the neck doesn't have the 70's J style blocks and binding, and the body colour headstock? It looks like the neck off of a Joe Osborn, with those 'aged' inlays. I also didn't think the non-PJ 44-64 custom came with a tort pickguard, but I guess that's easily been changed.

As for sound, think P-Bass punch with a slimmer, sweeter neck. The model was developed for Duck by Lakland as he found a P-Bass neck got uncomfortable over long sets as he got older. I imagine it was also a way to not have to take out valuable relic basses on the road, as is common practice nowadays.

Edited by Tonteee

[quote name='Tonteee' timestamp='1461757408' post='3037344']
Hi Sonny,

GLWTS, long been a fan of the 44-64 Custom - AKA the Duck Dunn Signature. Not enough of them around!

Out of interest, do you know why the neck doesn't have the 70's J style blocks and binding, and the body colour headstock? It looks like the neck off of a Joe Osborn, with those 'aged' inlays. I also didn't think the non-PJ 44-64 custom came with a tort pickguard, but I guess that's easily been changed.

As for sound, think P-Bass punch with a slimmer, sweeter neck. The model was developed for Duck by Lakland as he found a P-Bass neck got uncomfortable over long sets as he got older. I imagine it was also a way to not have to take out valuable relic basses on the road, as is common practice nowadays.
[/quote] Hey man, this is just the way they sent it. Perhaps It hasn't got the block inlays is because it was originally the 'Duck Dunn' special, but when i ordered it it was no longer. It is black with the Tortoise shell because that's what I requested.

Great bass, but I miss the Bridge pickup so I need to shift this in order to get a Jazz (still a Lakland I might add)...so spread the word about this bass (:

Nice one dude.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...