Why become a member? ×

Glockenklang (Blue Sky)

Tee

I have the Blue Soul which was the predecessor to the Blue Sky (which has since been superseded by the Blue Rock)... Bit of a confusing lineup as they still sell all three :blink:

The Blue Soul is the best amp I have had... It is, as you say; very clean and essentially just the sound of your bass only louder. The EQ centers are well chosen and very musical if you need to balance your sound to a particular room, although I rarely even switch it in, just preferring the tone of the amp as it is..It has a deep powerful bottom end that is tight and not boomy, wooly or flappy (think GK but not as scooped)... plenty of power and cut.

The Blue Sky is essentially a slightly tweaked version of the Blue Soul; marginally more power and extra control over the mids.

Should my Blue Soul die I would get the Blue Rock as that seems to be their next gen model with more options and an improved overdriven sound.

... absolutely love Glockenklang gear. If their cabs were lighter I'd have gone with them over bergs.

Edited by CamdenRob

Best amp ive owned, regret selling mine more than any piece of gear ive let go.

Build quality is outrageously good, tone is very uncoloured but not sterile and it has plenty of power with the volume knob being particularly pleasing as it keeps on giving right up to maximum. As Rob said the Eq is superb but i rarely punched it in which seems to be a common thing with owners of these.

I want another but il probably go for the Blue Rock, not to bothered about the drive channel but the extra power appeals.

[quote name='Tee' timestamp='1460642524' post='3027518']
Is the gain knob on the Blue Sky purely for setting your input level (not to clip), or does it offer actual overdrive, albeit, i assume not very much?
[/quote]

I beleive it is like my Blue Rock, there is a separate input for the overdrive channel. The gain is for setting the input level on channel a.