Why become a member? ×

Ibanez SRSC 805 Cerro bass

IBWT

I tried this bass the other day at Dawsons in Liverpool.

Very well balanced bass, very comfortable and gorgeous. I had very bad memories from Bartolini MK1s in Soundgear basses but in this one for some reason they sound great, and the preamp is also very versatile (the mids selection switch is priceless); you can get nice almost old school sounds out of it, which is something unheard of for me on a Soundgear.

[url="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmOwdjcJQDs"]https://www.youtube....h?v=BmOwdjcJQDs[/url]

I really enjoyed it, although the action was too low and soft with clearly not enough tension. It made me think whether this bass would not be better for a high C instead of a low B. The overall feel was like a 33" or even 32", given the diminutive neck profile and body (even being singlecut).

I'd say for the price is very good value. Any other opinions?

Edited by IBWT

• 3 months later...

Thread revival - I tried one in GuitarGuitar yesterday. It felt lovely, a lot more comfortable than most SR's i've tried and the string spacing wider. The only let down was the bridge pickup being out of action - I assume a simple loose wire but poor show from the shop for not testing it on arrival. That said, it sounded great on the bridge pickup and agreed - alot more old school than expected.

I am considering one.