Why become a member? ×

Aguilar OBP2. ?

bubinga5

Have a Maruczszyk 5 string Jazz bass. Not digging the Delano Sonar preamp in it. which will be for sale soon. Just about to pull the trigger on a new preamp. Im thinking about the OBP2, or on the other hand I'm not sure what onboard preamps Sadowsky offer.The sadowsky onboard with the control plate is a little too expensive. any ideas or any other options.? Im not a fan of the super clean Delano. Warm and fat is what I'm after, to give you a measuring stick.

Edited by bubinga5

The Aguilar OBP-1 is warm and fat. Haven't heard the OBP-2. The OBP-1 is very similar to the Sadowsky preamp. Both offer bass @ 40 Hz and treble @ 4KHz and both are boost-only. The Sadowsky is more clean/HiFi-ish than the OBP-1 according to those who heard both.

Have a look at the J-Retro preamps from John East, his preamps are awesome. My DJ4 has one, couldn't be happier with it. I love its mid sweep. John East is a pleasure to deal with. Highly recommended.