Why become a member? ×

Warwick Dirty Blonde 4 for sale (price drop) SOLD
£950

Risk101

SOLD SOLD SOLD Looking to trade this lovely Warwick Thumb Ltd Edition "Dirty Blonde" 4 string. It is in really great condition with only a couple of small marks, on the underside (see last 2 pics). Frets have little or no wear, although the fretboard could do with a clean. The screw head on the top of the neck pickup has lost its black paint, and there is slight wearing of the "MEC" logo on the pickup but that's it! Specification is:

- 34" scale. Gull inlays
- bass number 6/261 made in Germany in 2006
- rear of headstock signed by Hans Peter Wilfer himself
- birds eye poplar top with matching headstock.
- 19mm string spacing at the bridge
- 3 band EQ with active/passive bypass
- Elixir nanoweb light gauge strings
- weighs in at 3.6kg (yes, really!)

I'm looking to trade it as I'm playing 5 strings almost exclusively. Looking to trade for:

- the same bass in 5 string.
- Spector USA 5 strings (must be "natural finishes" ie not colours)
- must weigh less than 4 kilo!
- must be in great condition

PM me with any interest and if you would like more or different photos - thanks for looking - David
NB - located Essex, but pickup in London (City) also ok

Edited by Risk101

Tuesday morning bump! Still available - one of only a few hundred made, super lightweight, and endless tonal possibilities. Fantastic slap tone with the elixir nanoweb strings and jumbo frets, but equally smooth and punchy played finger style.............not only that but it looks awesome! One more bump then it's staying in the collection, and I'll have to persuade the "boss" to increase the quota to cover the one I'm planning on buying!!

Sorry mate, I tried. I asked the boss if I can trade my Thumb 5er and she said "no".

To the folk here who's missus doesn't take an interest I can only say you don't know how lucky you are. :D
My problem is she loves all my Warwicks. Sometimes I don't think I get a choice much!

Final bump. I've noticed a couple of very small marks on the bottom edge, not visible from playing or audience positions (see last two pics), so price drop to £850. These are lovely rare (and very light) basses, so grab yourself a bargain!

Edited by Risk101

• 3 weeks later...