Why become a member? ×

Bongo Conundum

Pinball

Thanks for the detailed answers guys and gals. It has definitely made up my mind that I won't do anything rash. I'll take my time.

Note: I meant to do a side by side comparison at the last band pracxtice but opted out as I had to change some pedal settings and didn't want to waste time-also I was enjoying it. Also I am not selling the Stingray as I spent a long time finding the right bass.

[quote name='dub_junkie' timestamp='1457603328' post='2999979']

I think yours could possibly be graphite pearl and not ES btw. Looks like my old bass.
[/quote]

That's interesting, I'll check it out on the EB forum when I get a chance and get some detailed info.

It has some marks on the back of the neck and head-stock but nothing that would worry a player rather than collector (me).
If I have to I'll find something else to sell in the mean time-or try and weather the financial hit :)

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...

An update as I have done 3 practices and I'm no closer to a decision. I asked another band member his opinion this morning and he said "I like the sound of the Stingray on some and the aggression of the Bongo on others, you had best keep them both. I guess that's what I'll do for now.

They are incredible instruments. The looks aren't for everyone, I think they look great, I am biased as I own a 4HS Stealth. I came close to selling mine, I'd struggled to get used to it. I put it into a local tech for a thorough set up and re-string with my favoured strings, and let's just say I'm very thankful that it didn't sell! They are so versatile, the tonal possibilities seem endless.