Why become a member? ×

Pbass electronics - adding a dimarzio model one into the mix

andy67

Hi folks,

I am able to wire up a pbass no probs but...adding the dimarzio model one is presenting a problem!! :huh:

I have the output wires terminated correctly from the model one:

white and black joined - not in use
green and earth
red free

I added another volume pot connected the pup (model one) as follows:

Green and earth to third pole and top of pot, red to first pole (excuse the poor electronic terminology), leaving middle pole free, from there I connected the earth and red pole to the appropriate jack poles - nothing! :)

what I want to so is have the split p working independently with tone, and the model one to have volume only.

I have it connected up in Jazz Bass formation and it works perfectly except it sounds a wee bit too jazzy for my liking! :huh:

please help... :huh:
andy

Edited by andy67

[quote name='andy67' post='289719' date='Sep 23 2008, 10:20 AM']Hi folks,

I am able to wire up a pbass no probs but...adding the dimarzio model one is presenting a problem!! :huh:

I have the output wires terminated correctly from the model one:

white and black joined - not in use
green and earth
red free

I added another volume pot connected the pup (model one) as follows:

Green and earth to third pole and top of pot, red to first pole (excuse the poor electronic terminology), leaving middle pole free, from there I connected the earth and red pole to the appropriate jack poles - nothing! :)

what I want to so is have the split p working independently with tone, and the model one to have volume only.

I have it connected up in Jazz Bass formation and it works perfectly except it sounds a wee bit too jazzy for my liking! :huh:

please help... :huh:
andy[/quote]

sorry but I can't understand what you have done from the above, can you send a circuit diagram?

Dave