Why become a member? ×

Cheap(ish) 18v Cali76TX power supply?

roman_sub

hi guys

Just wondering if anyone can recommend a[color=#000000] cheap but functional 18v adapter wall-wart to be used for powering a Cali76TX? I think the mA draw is negligible, but it does need to be 2.1mm barrel and centre-negative, and obviously 18v and UK-socket....[/color]

[color=#000000]Had a look at the official power supply from Origin Effects and it works out as £30 with postage... Not bashing Origin, but I'm looking around for any cheaper options first, especially as I will only use this on occasion, when Cali is going to be used “desktop”[/color] in a studio context (i.e. uprooted from the usual place on the pedalboard, where it lives most of the time).

[color=#000000]As an aside, as long as power supply puts out correct voltage and sufficient current, expecting any differences in pedal performance to be negligible between a cheaper power supply and the official Origin one (assuming I can find the cheaper one), right?[/color]

[color=#000000]Thanks in advance for you wisdom and comments![/color]

[color=#000000]Roman[/color]

Edited by roman_sub

I recommend avoiding the Dunlop one, which I bought as it was the only one I could find that had a right angled tip. It's noisy as hell and I've heard of at least one other person with the same issue.

This should do the trick: http://www.effectpowersupplies.com/18v-dc-regulated-power-supply-7-p.asp