Why become a member? ×

SVT PRO 2 Newbie

Chaos Daveo

So i have the superb SVT Pro 2 amp,cab wise I have a Marshall MBC 4x10 600watts @ 4ohms and was told to take it easy with the amp as it would eat the cab for breakfast. Long term I have 2 superb Eden 2x10 300watts @ 4ohms a piece that I pan on using with the svt is this a disaster waiting to happen or will the cabs cope?

Edited by Chaos Daveo

The SVT 2 Pro is a 300W RMS amp head. The Marshal cabinet will be fine with the amp switched to 4 Ohms and the pair of Edens will be fine also with the amp switched to 2 Ohms. You won't be able to pair all three though, in case you fancied a bit of extra thunder. I used to run mine with a pair of Hartke 4.5XL cabinets and it was a beautiful thing to behold. What a great sound!

[quote name='steve-soar' timestamp='1456612182' post='2990849']
Dood, I remember you saying about this nearly 10 years ago. I bet it was incredible. :)
[/quote]

Time flies eh! - It does make me pause to think that there are people I've 'known' on BassChat for 10 years+, some I have met, but many I only know their BC ID and little else, but we know lots about each other's bass gear history! ha!!

If it wasn't for the fact that it's combined weight would be enough to deck a Mini, I'd still be gigging it regularly too! Something had to give and unfortunately the chiropractor bills demonstrate it wasn't the gear!