Why become a member? ×

Bose Earbuds

Tripehound

I ended up ditching Bose ear buds after a few years. The performance of the buds was a fine but the cable at the mini Jack went far too easily and quickly for gear in that price range. And of course, the earbuds were hard wired so that was a terminal case. Complained and sent them back on a couple of occasions but even when replacements came back with a redesigned style of plug and cable they still didn't last nearly as long as I would have expected gear of that quality. And I'm pretty gentle and anal about looking after that type of thing. Between use they lived in their own little case, not tightly wound around my iPod.

Moral, if you're going for expensI've ear buds splash out on a brand with replaceable cables. Not used them but the Shure in ears look pretty good for the price.

Now for the iPod I just use cheap as chips Sennheiser CX3000 buds which, don't sound appreciably different for iPod use and have lasted three times as long. Anything more esoteric and I'll use my in moulded ears...