Why become a member? ×

NBD MARUSZCZYK Elwood Absolution

Mattpt85

That's a truly gorgeous looking bass.

Now, flats. I've got very recent experience of both TI and Di'Addario Chromes. Basically, the TI are lower tension and brighter (well, more mid) than the Chromes, but they're both great strings, with a unique character all of their own, and not as dull/dead as many old-school flats. I've just put a set of TI's on my fretless Wal and am really kicking myself that I never tried it before (and I've had the Wal since 1983).

[quote name='philw' timestamp='1455915668' post='2983694']
That's a truly gorgeous looking bass.

Now, flats. I've got very recent experience of both TI and Di'Addario Chromes. Basically, the TI are lower tension and brighter (well, more mid) than the Chromes, but they're both great strings, with a unique character all of their own, and not as dull/dead as many old-school flats. I've just put a set of TI's on my fretless Wal and am really kicking myself that I never tried it before (and I've had the Wal since 1983).
[/quote]
That's interesting thank you, sounds like the TI would be useful to me.

Bit later than I intended but finally got to try this out with the band last night.
So impressed.
The quality and playability goes without saying really, really easy to play.
The sound I am most impressed with, I went for passive, with volume/tone/pickup selector knob.
I play in a punk/new wave covers band with loud drums and two guitars.
I had a Musicman Stingray for many years but the MM pickup isolated on this sounds better to my ears, really cuts with such a nice growl to it.
The P isolated is certainly as good as I could have hoped for, I don't want to rant on but it is brilliant.
There is a centre spot for both pickups selected which I'm not usually keen on but was actually a good combination and think I will genuinely be using all three.
Tone control does what it does as you would expect :D
Overall everything is very clear and precise, but reacts well to changes in playing, dig in more to get growl, back off slightly to smooth it out.
This does need to be played to be fully appreciated, hands down the best bass I have ever played, now the hard part of getting better to do it justice!