Why become a member? ×

Looping & sampling question

I have a couple of loopers hardly used. I have had an idea in my head, that won't go away . What I want to do, is to record bass loops ,,then load onto some pads
( akai mpk , or similar ?) . So, for some easy fun ( nothing technical ) , I want to be able to have some drum pads pre programmed . I then want a couple of empty pads for me to put my own bass loops/ general samples etc. The idea being, I would have just have to press a pad with the sound/ loop I want and record it

With the digitech jam man , it has an s d sound card feature. Does this mean I could record my bass ( or any loop ) onto the sound card . Then , take sound card out of jam man and put it into a sample pad ( akai mpk?) . This would mean I would be able to just press the pad and sound that I recoded should be heard?

Please advise .
If this works, I will put my boss and ditto loopers up for sale .
Cheers

You'd have to find a way of recording your loops onto an SD card, but yes, that's how things like the Akai Sample Pad work. They play back samples, but they don't record them.

Edit, sorry, if the Digitech can record onto an SD card, then yes, you're all set.

As far as I can see, anyway. I don't own any of the gear involved, so I might be, and often am, completely wrong.

Edited by Zenitram