Why become a member? ×

Celinder J Update 4 Pre Marcus Miller WITHDRAWN
£1750

johnbiffa

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]I've decided to buy a Celinder fretless hence this unexpected sale. Purchased from a BCer Kiwi on this very forum who I am sure will not mind me lifting the original ad and pics

This bass is the second J Update made by Chris in 1994 for Danish session player Christian Danstrom. It's designed to do the Marcus Miller thing and Kiwi actually preferred the warmer sound of this bass over the Skarbee J Update that he used to own.

The bass has active and passive modes at the flick of a small switch. The original pickups were a bit weedy sounding so Kiwi ordered some [color=red]Celinder [/color]upgrades that are more in keeping with a passive 70's jazz bass. The neck dimensions are worth [color=red]no[/color]ting - the nut is half way between a jazz and a precision bass in width. Otherwise the neck is fast and slim.

The condition of the bass is fair - its been a workhorse so has a few dings and knocks, a few go through to the wood on the edge of the bass. None are large than the fingernail on my little finger.

Features include:[/font][list]
[*]Two band eq
[*]Ash body
[*]Birdseye maple neck
[*]34" scale
[*]70's jazz bass spec pickups
[*]Weight around 4.8k
[/list]
First person with £1750 [size=6][color=#ff0000][b]NOW £1500[/b][/color][/size] wins [size=8][u][color=#ff0000]Try an OFFER[/color][/u][/size]

Not looking for trades EXCEPT Aguilar DB Cabinets

I can deliver A1/M1, NE/NW and SE, London City or it can be collected from Yorkshire.

Edited by johnbiffa