Why become a member? ×

FS: Markbass TA503 *SOLD*

thumbo

I've just bought an all-valve monster and I can't justify having two amps, so this one has to go.

It sounds more organic than it's other Markbass buddies (except the Classic 300!) and it's quite a lot louder than the other 500w Markbass amps. The semi-parametric EQ is very powerful and gives you loads of options from taking out the nasty frequencies that are making the room rattle like mad or boosting those mids that you want more of, for example.

Spec:

[b]CONTROLS[/b]
GAIN: –80 dB to +35 dB range
MASTER VOLUME
LINE OUT: level control on front panel
PRE/POST EQ: (for line out) switch on rear panel
GROUND LIFT: switch on rear panel
FOOTSWITCH: mute; EQ bypass
[b]
EQUALIZATION[/b]
LOW: semi-parametric: frequency 40–300 Hz; level ±16 dB
LOW-MID: semi-parametric: frequency 100–800 Hz, level ±16 dB
HIGH-MID: semi-parametric: frequency 700 Hz–6 kHz, level ±16 dB
HIGH: semi-parametric: frequency 1.5–10 kHz, level ±16 dB
VPF (Variable Pre-shape Filter): center frequency 380 Hz (cut)
VLE (Vintage Loudspeaker Emulator): 250 Hz–20 kHz cut

[b]OUTPUTS[/b]
EFFECT SEND: unbalanced, max. voltage 20 Vpp (pre-EQ)
EFFECT RETURN
TUNER OUT: unbalanced, max. voltage 2 Vpp
LINE OUT: balanced XLR, max. voltage 15 Vpp
SPEAKER OUT: speakon, 1/4"

[b]OTHER[/b]
HEIGHT: 3.39 in. / 8.6 cm (2U)
WIDTH: 14.5" / 36.8 cm (with rack ears: 19" / 48.3 cm)
DEPTH: 11.89 in. / 30.2 cm
WEIGHT: 8.16 lbs / 3.7 kg
TUBES: 1 x EECC81, 1 x ECC83 (JJ Electronic)
OUTPUT POWER: 300W RMS @ 8 ohm, 500W RMS @ 4 ohm

As many of you will have seen in the repairs forum I recently had a problem with this amp where it blew it's power block [url="http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21784"]http://basschat.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=21784[/url]. That happened roughly 3 months ago, Proel (UK Markbass distributors) repaired it for me within a week and I've been using it twice a week for band practices since and it's been perfect. This amp is still under warranty until mid-november, I have the original receipt and warranty card, I also have all the original packaging.

There are no big marks or blemishes on the amp, just some very light rack-rash that I couldn't photograph because it's so minor. It's always lived in a rack since the day I bought it brand new. I've also got the 2-Button footswitch for it and the rack ears.

These are the kind of speakon connections that you can put jack leads into the middle of, clever stuff...

I'm after [b]£550[/b] for this amp. I can send it via next day courier, fully insured for £10. Payment via transfer is preffered, or collection in person with cash would be fine. I can accept paypal if you can add a little extra to cover the fees :)

Thanks

Edited by thumbo

[quote name='funkmunky' post='285490' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:00 AM']Hi,

I notice you also have a Bergantino NV610. Could you tell me what the TA503 sounds like through that cabinet?

Steve[/quote]

Hi Steve, The TA503 sounds quite punchy through the NV610. It's not as squeaky clean sounding as the other Markbass heads but you wont get any overdrive out of it. It works very nicely for finger style and plectrum playing through the NV610 but it's no good for slap playing, although I don't imagine you have an NV610 for slap bass! Have you tried any other markbass heads through your 610? I could compare them for you as I've had experience with quite a few of them. I'm struggling a bit to describe the sound of the 503 plugged into the NV!
IMHO the 503 is at it's best when it's plugged into Markbass cabs. I used to use it with a Markbass 4x10 and 1x15 and found it to be incredibly versatile.

Edited by thumbo

[quote name='thumbo' post='285795' date='Sep 17 2008, 12:55 PM']IMHO the 503 is at it's best when it's plugged into Markbass cabs. I used to use it with a Markbass 4x10 and 1x15 and found it to be incredibly versatile.[/quote]

Damn! You just HAD to mention it sounds best through MarkBass cabs...and then mention the 4x10 and 1x15 - the exact combination of MarkBass cabs I am using, haha.

I've been thinking of trying one of these heads out, but I'd need to sell my EA iAmp 600 - unless you're up for a trade?